The front cover contains an image of Nanda Devi from Kurad, Uttarakhand. Because this issue focuses on the Nanda Devi Raj Jat, a special edition of Roopkund and Homkund trek.
The back cover features a guide-cum-porter who accompanied one of the groups that participated in Nanda Raj Jat 2014. The sleeping pose, specially selected for the cover, symbolizes a well-deserved rest after a 22-day long hard trek.
Front cover features a network of rectangles that represent top twenty-five peaks. Each rectangle is proportional to the number of attempts made on the peak. Blue, green, pink, and yellow colors symbolize Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Sikkim respectively. The rectangle-specific number indicates rank of the peak.
Back cover has two layers. The top layer shows four rectangles representing the Indian Himalayan states. Size of each rectangle is proportional to the ranking of the state it represents. The bottom layer features a graphic illustration about top peak providing states.
The Web cover, photographed and designed by Abha, consists of five images (Top to Bottom):
(1) October 2012. Bir Village in Kangra.
(2) October 2012. Front cover of Bir and Billing in Autumn: A Guide for Adventure Travel Activities.
(3) October 2012. Paragliders in Bir sky.
(4) October 2012. Back cover of Bir and Billing in Autumn: A Guide for Adventure Travel Activities.
(5) October 2012. Paragliders are getting ready for taking off in Billing, Himachal Pradesh, India.