We enjoyed our 5-day stay in Room No 201 at Bir Resort, a budget hotel in Bir Village, Kangra District, Himachal Pradesh, India, during September 2-7, 2012. We would love to stay here again. We recommend the hotel for the following reasons:
- The resort amid a tea garden is on the main road leading to Upper Bir.
- The Bir Resort is within walking distance of Chowgan Chowk, Tibetan Colony and Paragliding Landing Site.
- The room with good furniture layout has enough space to move around.
- Big wide windows on the opposite walls ensure plenty of sun light and fresh air.
- A fan and tube light
- A luggage holder
- A mirror in the room and bathroom
- A shower in bathroom
- Although the washbasin had a crack in it, the mixer was fully operational.
- A geyser in bathroom for 24 hour hot water supply
- Sofa chairs with a table to accommodate five people
- Double doors for the room and windows with screen: The mesh door and screen allows fresh air and sunlight to pass through whereas keep mosquitoes and other insects at the bay.
- Our Tata Photon+, wireless internet, worked well in the room.
- Clean dry rug
- The floor slope in bathroom is perfect, ensuring no water logging.
- Fully operational flush, latches and electrical fittings
- Spick and span room, linen, dustbin, commode and bathroom
- Although there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, it does not stink because of the wide ventilator.
- Regular garbage collection and room cleaning service
- Friendly, helpful and non-interfering manager who resides within the resort premises
- The tariff is just INR 400 per night on twin sharing basis plus 10% tax.
Only negative, which was not very annoying
Some seepage patches near the junction of the wall and the floor and the ceiling
The resort does not feature a restaurant. We would be happy if the resort also serves meals, especially dinner.
Have a look at the room.