Annual Report: 2010-11. Ministry of Tourism (MOT), Government of India.
The report reviewed the Indian tourism sector performance and discussed various measures taken for promoting tourism. Some of the initiatives of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India for adventure tourism promotion follow:
- A voluntary scheme, Guidelines for Approval of Adventure Tour Operators
- Safety and Quality Norms regarding basic minimum standards for adventure tourism
- Financial assistance for developing infrastructure, such as setting up facilities and buying equipment for aero-sports, mountaineering and trekking in adventure tourism destinations
- The Gulmarg-based Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering became fully functional.
- The Ministry, Adventure Tour Operators Association of India and Indian Mountaineering Federation planned to work together to promoteIndiaas an adventure tourism destination.
- Kullu-Katrain-Manali, the new eco and adventure circuit in Himachal Pradesh, was identified. Read the full tourism report at http://tourism.gov.in/writereaddata/uploaded/tender/053120110313488.pdf.