The Sikkim Registration of Home Stay Establishment Rule 4 summarizes home stay registration application process and answers the related questions.
Q1: Who can apply for registration? (Rule 4.1)
A: A private house owner having all required documents that confirm ownership of the house/land situated within rural areas of Sikkim.
Q2: How to apply for registration? (Rule 4.1)
A: Fill the prescribed application form published in the Annexure 1 of the Sikkim Registration of Home Stay Establishment Rules, 2013.
To fill the form you need the following documents and information:
4 Documents Required for Sikkim Home Stay Registration Application
- A certificate of identification and proof of being a Sikkim subject
- A proof of ownership of the unit and the land on which home stay is built
- A location sketch (without scale) / map (on scale) showing principal roads leading to the home stay unit
- A passport size photograph of the applicant
15 Information Required for Sikkim Home Stay Registration Application
- Academic Qualifications
- Father’s Name (There is no column for mother’s name in the application form.)
- Complete Address of the Applicant, including phone number
Details of Home Stay Unit in Sikkim
- Name of the unit
- Area of the house in which home stay is Located
- Number of available rooms
- Number of bathrooms / toilets
- Any additional facilities provided by the proposed home stay unit
- Distance between (nearest) airport and the home stay unit
- Distance between (nearest) railway station and the home stay unit
- Distance between the nearest bus stand and the home stay unit
- Distance between the nearest shopping center and the home stay unit
- Distance between the nearest dispensary / hospital and the home stay unit
Q3: Where to submit the application form?
A: Submit the application form to the prescribed authority looking after the area in which the establishment is located. (Rule 4.1)
Q4: Who verifies the home stay unit?
A: Prior to registration, the prescribed authority physically verifies the
(2) Architectural design
(6) Safety of tourists
(8) Surrounding environment