You can download the Form V to register as a tourist guide and an outdoor photographer with Sikkim Tourism Department. You will need the following documents to complete the application:
A 1,000-rupeee B.R. / challan / demand draft in favor of Tourism Department towards registration fee for fresh applications (Rule 4, the Sikkim Registration of Tourist Trade Act, 1998)
Remember! If you lose the registration certificate, you have to pay INR 2,000 to get a duplicate certificate (Rule 4).
Annual certificate renewal fee is INR 500 (Rule 4).
Proof of professional qualifications
- Educational certificates
- Certificate in photography
- Certificate of guide training
- Relevant experience certificates
- License issued (if any) by any other competent authority
- Birth date certificate
- Certificate of identification or domicile
- Current and permanent residential address, including mobile or landline telephone number
An affidavit stating that the applicant is not disqualified under clauses (a) and (b) of the section 6 of the Sikkim Registration of Tourist Trade Act, 1998. The affidavit should be attested by at least a first class magistrate or notary oath commissioner.
Time frame for issuing the registration certificate
You may get the certificate within three months of the date when the department receives your application provided you meet all the criteria (Rule 6).