The Uttarakhand Foot Launch Aero sport Rule 7, 2017 talks about the commercial paragliding fee structure. Here are key points:
- Chief Executive Officer of Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (U.T.D.B.) with the approval of the State Government shall amend the fee as and when required.
- Fee structure shall be defined as and when new paragliding sites are identified.
- The fee may vary from one flying site to another site.
- The Annexure C lists annual fee for local paragliding sites, including Naukuchiyatal / Nainital. The fee consists of two components:
- environmental fee and
- paraglider fee.
- Environmental fee is paid to the forest department. The fee for Nainital site is 300% more than that of the other sites.
- Paraglider fee is three times of the environmental fee in case of Naukuchiyatal / Nainital sites, whereas it is four times of the environmental fee for other sites.