This slideshow could not be started. Try refreshing the page or viewing it in another browser.
Himachal Pradesh Home Stay, Scheme 2008
Himachal Pradesh released rural homestay scheme in July 2008 for five years.
The scheme is based on Incredible India Bed and Breakfast scheme of Ministry of Tourism.
The scheme has been extended for five more years until July 2018 to promote rural tourism.
4 Reasons to Start the Scheme (Clause 1)
- Provide comfortable accommodation in local houses for both foreign and domestic tourists
- Increase stay options in tourist circuits and rural destinations.
- Provide standardized facilities
- Give an opportunity to tourists to experience Himachali lifestyle
4 Objectives of Himachal Pradesh Home Stay Scheme 2008 (Clause 2)
- Expand reach of the various tourism stakeholders.
- Promote ecologically sustainable tourism in interior and rural areas.
- Decongest oversaturated urban tourist destinations.
- Create extra income sources for residents of the interior and rural areas.
The scheme has total 10 clauses and 2 annexures.
- Clause 3: Scheme title and commencement
- Clause 4: Defines 3 keywords, homestay, rural areas, and accommodation
- Clauses 5 and 7: Exemptions, incentives for home stay owners
- Clauses 6 and 9: Home stay registration
- Clause 8: Responsibilities of home stay owners
- Clauses 6 and 10: Booking and marketing of home stay units
- Annexure I: Home stay registration application form
- Annexure II: List of documents required for registration and a checklist