Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (ABVIMAS) at Manali hires mountaineering, skiing, trekking, and hotel professionals on contract basis. You can apply online at the website of Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission (HPSSC) Hamirpur District, http://www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in/.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university. (Skiing Instructor, Mountaineering Supervisor, and Hostel Supervisor) However, prospective hostel supervisor should also have a diploma in hotel management from a recognized institute.
- A matric or its equivalent certificate from a recognized university and board (Trekking Guide)
- Basic or Advance Course and Method of Instruction Course in Skiing from a government recognized institute (Skiing Instructor)
- Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC), Advance Mountaineering (AMC) Course, and Method of Instruction Course in Mountaineering from a government recognized mountaineering institute (Mountaineering Supervisor)
- Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC) and Advance Mountaineering (AMC) Course from a government recognized mountaineering institute (Trekking Guide)
- Age group is very broad, 18 to 45 years.
- Knowledge of customs, dialects, and manners of Himachal Pradesh
- Fit to work in unique local conditions
- At least two years’ work experience as skiing instructor in any government recognized institute (Skiing Instructor)
- At least three years’ experience of serving in Home Guards, National Cadet Corps (NCC), and Scouting and organizing / managing rock climbing and trekking trips (Mountaineering Supervisor)
- BMC and AMC from a recognized mountaineering institute (Hostel Supervisor)
- At least two years’ work experience as trekking guide in a recognized institute (Trekking Guide)
Last date to apply online: July 7 to August 4, 2018
Remember: The Commission does not accept offline applications. However, hard copy of the application form and self-attested copies and original certificates are required at the time of evaluation/documentation.
What Does the Job Advertisement Reveal?
7 Insights into Adventure Tourism Career:
This detailed advertisement touches all aspects of the four contract vacancies, including essential and desirable qualifications, application and selection processes, and salary. Both basic educational and work-specific technical qualifications are required for all the four positions.
1. Type of Job
2. Number of Vacancies
- Mountaineering Supervisor (1, General Category / Unreserved)
- Skiing Instructor (1, General Category / Unreserved)
- Trekking Guide: (1, General Category / Unreserved)
- Hostel Supervisor: (1, General Category / Unreserved)
3. Nature of Vacancies
4. Payment / Salary Situation
- Mountaineering Supervisor: ₹10,300 to 34,800 + 3,800 GP
- Skiing Instructor: ₹10,300 to 34,800 + 3,800 GP
- Trekking Guide: ₹5,910 to 20,200 + 1,900 GP
- Hostel Supervisor: ₹10,300 to 34,800 + 3,800 GP
5. Application Deadline and Process
5.1 Apply online
5.2 Written Objective Type Screening Test (85 marks)
HPSSC will conduct the test if application number is very large. The 2-hour test will feature 170 multiple choice questions. Questions will be on the following subjects:
- Position specific (Skiing, mountaineering, trekking, or hotel management depending on the post you have applied)
- General knowledge about Himachal Pradesh
- Current affairs
- Everyday logic, science, social science
- General English and Hindi of matric standard
5.3 Efficiency, physical standard, and skill test may be conducted after qualifying the written test.
5.4 Evaluation of 15 Marks
- Weightage of marks obtained in minimum essential educational qualifications according to recruitment and promotion rules (2.5)
Marks (percentage) * 0.025
For example, 55% (score) * 0.025 = 1.375
- NCC certificate, National Service Scheme (NSS) certificate (minimum of one year), Bharat Scout and Guide certificate, and /or national level sports medal winners (1)
- Below poverty line (BPL) family having total annual income less than ₹40,000 or as per government norms (2)
- Destitute / divorced / single woman / widow (1)
- Orphan / single daughter (1)
- At least 6-month training in the subject concerned from a recognized institute or university (1)
- Related work experience up to five years in semi government or government organization (2.5)
- Person from a notified backward area or panchayat (1)
- A family that has 0-.999 hectare land (1)
- None of the members of the family is in semi government or government job (1)
- Differently abled persons with more than 40% disability, impairment, or infirmity (1)
5.5 According to the advertisement, there is no interview.
6. Cost of Application
If online application form is submitted through government approved lokmitra kendras (LMKs) in Himachal Pradesh, the application costs ₹40. Have a look at what services are included in the cost:
- Applicant registration: ₹10
- Filling up application form: ₹10 per post
- Filling up challan and printout: ₹10
- Admit card print: ₹10
Examination Fee depends on the category of candidate:
- ₹360 (General including general ex-servicemen hailing from Himachal Pradesh and relieved from defense services on their own request before completing their normal tenure and reserved categories from other states).
- ₹120 (General IRDP, physically handicapped, ward of ex-servicemen, ward of freedom fighter, scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and other backward classes hailing from Himachal Pradesh)
- ₹0 (Ex-Servicemen who are relieved from defense services after completing their normal tenure, blind, and visually impaired hailing from Himachal Pradesh)
7. Job Publications
The advertisement appeared on the
- Website of Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission
- Private Online Job Board: Naukri.com
- Newspaper: The Tribune (Gurugram). June 28, 2018.