Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur is seeking applications from the qualified candidates for one position of Assistant Project Manager-Wall Climbing. It is a technical job loaded with opportunities for adventure. The well-informed employer clearly specified technical skills required for the job because the selected candidate will manage all aspects of the wall climbing.
The aspirant shall have the following experience and qualifications:
- More than 3 years wall climbing management experience
- Minimum 2 years’ competitive climbing experience
- Experience of leading UIAA grade V (5.7 YDS)
- Proficiency in
- Climbing equipment management
- Teaching and coaching climbing
- Leadership and group management
- Emergency and First aid techniques
- Injury prevention
- Physiology and nutrition
- Graduation or Post Graduation
- Methods of Instruction Course (MOI) certified by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation
- Belayers Course certified by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation
- At least 21 years old
- Fluency (read, speak, and write) in English and Hindi
Last date to apply: 15 June 2017
What Does the Job Advertisement Reveal? 6 Insights into Adventure Tourism Career:
Type of Job
A mix of climbing, coaching, teaching, and management
It is a multidisciplinary opportunity like other adventure tourism vacancies.
Number and Nature of Vacancies
- One (1)
- Temporary (up to 1 Year)
Unfortunately, it is a short term vacancy. So chances of regular income are non-existent.
Payment / Salary Situation
INR 11,000-1,100-22,000 / month
Application Deadline and Process
Submit an application detailing experience and qualifications. Attach the certificates. Provide details of the 2 references.
The application shall be submitted to the Chairman, SPEC Office, Physical Education Section, IIT Kanpur.
The institute will short list the candidates from the applications received.
The short listed candidates will have to appear for
- Trade Test
- Interview after qualifying the Trade Test
The candidates will not be paid TA/DA for the test and interview.
The advertisement appeared on the
- Website of IIT, the employer http://www.iitk.ac.in/dord/project/apm-pes-04-05-17.html
- Naukri.com, a dedicated job website https://www.naukri.com/job-listings-Assistant-Project-Manager-Indian-Institute-of-Technology-Kanpur-Kanpur-1-to-1-years-050617900357?src=jobsearchDesk&sid=14967316432204&xp=1&qp=mountaineering&srcPage=s