While planning an adventure trip to the Indian Himalayas, keep the itinerary flexible and add some contingency days for the following reasons:
- To manage legal hassles (if any) related to visa and area-specific and climbing permits.
- The mountains are prone to landslides, rock falls and avalanches.
- Mountain weather is unpredictable.
- The mountain roads are not in very good condition.
- Limited private and public transport services to remote areas that serve as base camps for many adventure trips. These services may be cancelled or delayed for various reasons.
If any of the above situations disrupt your travel, pre-planned contingency time will be very useful.