In Leh, hiring a motorbike is simple. The hiring process consists of the following steps:
- Approach a bike rental company. You will find many such companies in two popular tourist areas: Changspa Road and Zangsti Road.
- Carry a valid driving license. Without the license, you will not get a bike for rent.
- Arrange for deposit. The deposit varies from INR 60,000 to 70,000 depending on the model. If you are from a foreign country, you should also carry original and copies of the passport for the rental. Some companies even accept equivalent amount in foreign currency.
- While hiring a bike ensure that you select a commercial two-wheeler registered with office of Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO), Leh.
- Do remember that generally bike rental service is available between May and October only.