Sikkim Unit of G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment & Development (GBPIHED) is conducting walk in interviews for junior research fellows, research associates, and field assistants in Gangtok on October 8, 2015.
The selected candidates will work for sustainable development projects focusing on the Himalayas.
Walking is a natural activity whose importance we have forgotten. Mechanized transport has become the mainstay of our very short and long travels. We are following a sedentary lifestyle and succumbing to its flaws, including health issues. So some people have re-realized significance of the activity. For instance, Ireland launched Get Ireland Walking (GIW) Initiative in 2013.
Can you camp, campaign, and collaborate for Ladakh environment and nature conservation project?
If yes, consider Programme Officer-Environment Education post advertised by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)-India.
The post requires the following qualifications and skills:
- Masters in social sciences, life sciences, environment sciences, wildlife biology, or ecology
- At least 2 years’ experience, including teaching in Ladakh
- Fluency in English, Hindi, and Ladakhi
- MS Office skills
- Communication skills
Apply by August 23, 2015.
Many unique parts of the Himalayas are closed for public because of various reasons that are beyond the scope of this information byte. However, a fortunate talented group of people get opportunities to visit these parts for academic and official research projects.
Do you know who are they?
You can be one of them provided you have the following skill set:
- Ph.D. and / or masters in botany, environmental sciences, forestry, geography, and / or indigenous knowledge systems
- Published research work
- High level of physical fitness to conduct field research in the Himalayas
Appear for one of walk in interviews that are being conducted by G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development (GBPIHED) for the posts of junior research fellows (JRFs) and research associates at the following places:
- Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh on August 14, 2015
- Gangtok, Sikkim on August 17, 2015
The British Antarctic Survey is hiring 3 technicians for its Antarctica office:
- HVAC Pipe Fitter / Fabricator
- Electrical Services Technician
- Mechanical Services Technician
Send your applications by August 30, 2015.
Are tourism qualifications necessary to work in adventure tourism and travel sector?
I do not think so.
There are many other professions wherein adventure travel is an integral part of the job. For example, the role of Senior Ecologist at Nepal office of the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) requires travel in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region.
The HKH region consists of eight countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan.
What do you need to serve as a Senior Ecologist?
You should have excellent knowledge of
- mountain ecosystems
- analytical approaches, methods, and tools used for studying the ecosystems
- qualitative and quantitative methods for integrating ecological perspective into development, economic, and social research
Apply before August 15, 2015!
Bangalore Mountaineering Club (BMC) is hiring two adventure instructors or trek leaders. This salaried job requires
- Customer relationship skills
- Fluency in 3 languages: English, Hindi, and Kannada
- Knowledge of rope work
- Outdoor leadership skills
- Trekking experience
- Web writing skills
- Working knowledge of first aid techniques
The International Reporting Project (IRP) offers a paid reporting trip to cover development and health issues in Ecuador. The trip is scheduled for October 18-29, 2015.
You can apply, if you are a blogger, an influential social media practitioner, a media professional, or an innovative journalist from Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States.
Apply today! Last date: August 7, 2015
Are you an outdoor person?
The Mountaineers, an organization that explores wilderness of Pacific Northwest, is hiring an assistant program manager for mountaineers’ adventure club and mountain workshops. This educational and managerial role requires a number of qualifications including
- A college / university degree
- Experience of outdoor education
- Supervisory and training skills
- Knowledge of outdoor activities, including climbing
Natural Habitat Adventures (NHA) is looking for an operations coordinator for its worldwide adventure expeditions. Do you like to plan and execute adventure expeditions?
Natural Habitat Adventures (NHA) is looking for an operations coordinator. Do you like to plan and execute adventure expeditions?
If yes, you have a chance to work for the American outfitter.
You will multi-task:
- Communicate with guides, operators, and travelers
- Organize activities, meals, transportation…
- Create and update information for sales team and travelers
- Obtain permits
If you have at least two years of experience of multi-tasking in adventure travel field, you are a step closer to your dream job.