Obtain ILP/PAP/RAP to Visit NER

If you are planning to spend summer in North Eastern region (NER) of India, you need an inner line permit (ILP), a restricted area permit (RAP) or a  protected area permit (PAP). As per the Bengal Eastern Frontier regulations, 1873, Indian citizens require an ILP  to visit Mizroam, Nagaland  and Arunachal Pradesh. Foreign tourists need a RAP and/or PAP for Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim. The state governments charge a nominal fee for the permits that are issued only on working days.