The Adventure Travel Market (2009). ATTA, Xola Consultancy, Gap Adventures and National Geographic Adventure.
The report highlights the latest trends in the adventure travel market. For instance,
- Average price point (land only) amounts to about $2,700.00.
- Small companies dominate the market.
- Hiking / walking is the most popular adventure activity.
- Customized itineraries are in demand.
- Adventure travelers account for more than 35% of international departures starting in South America.
- Adventure travelers want to interact with local people and learn new things about the destinations.
- Hard adventure seekers spend more than 85% of the total trip cost on gear. Get more information at http://www.slideshare.net/whatidiscover/the-adventure-travel-market.