Form 5 appended to the Himachal Pradesh Miscellaneous Adventure Activities (Draft) Rules (HPMAAR), 2016 contains an undertaking to be signed by the clients participating in the activities. Collecting the duly-signed in undertaking from the participants is the duty of the operators. (Rule 14-xiv)
The participants shall sign an undertaking confirming the following:
1. Miscellaneous adventure activities can be dangerous.
2. Dangers and risks, include
- Acts of Gods
- Difficulty in evacuation in case of accidents causing disability and / or injuries
- Extreme weather
- Illness in remote areas where medical facilities are unavailable
- Natural calamities
- Unexpected physical exertion
- Any other inherent risks
In case of accidents and / or emergency, the guides, operators, and participants shall not seek compensation from the Government of Himachal Pradesh and/ or its Tourism & Civil Aviation Department for medical and / or rescue costs; major and minor injuries; and death.
The participants shall reimburse medical and rescue expenses incurred, if any, to the Government of Himachal Pradesh and/ or its Tourism & Civil Aviation Department.