The Uttarakhand Foot Launch Aero sport Rule 5, 2017 discusses various steps required for obtaining a non-commercial paragliding permit. Here is the lowdown:
What is non-commercial paragliding?
Non-commercial paragliding includes the following five activities: (Rule 5.3)
- Activities of visiting solo pilots
- Non-commercial tandem paragliding
- Paragliding training
- Participation in paragliding competitions
- Solo paragliding
What is the application process?
- Fill the form included in Annexure B. (Rule 5.1)
- Submit the form to the district tourism development officer (D.T.D.O.) concerned one month in advance of the date of the proposed activity or event. (Rule 5.1)
Who will issue the non-commercial paragliding permit?
It can be deduced from the prescribed application form that applicants will be judged on the basis of their ability and preparedness to hold the event.
D.T.D.O. shall put up the application to the district magistrate (D.M.) concerned. And the final authority to grant the permits rests with the magistrate. (Rule 5.2)
Who does not need even a non-commercial paragliding permit?
The armed forces and government department do not need permits for aero sports. However, they shall inform the D.T.D.O. or the D.M. concerned one month in advance of the proposed activity or event. (Rule 5.4)