United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is looking for a mountaineering tourism consultant. The consultant will work with the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife, and Antiquities (MTWA), Uganda to develop mountaineering tourism guidelines and regulations as per the best practices followed around the globe.
Last date to apply: November 2, 2015
What Does Today’s Job Advertisement Reveal? 5 Insights into Adventure Tourism Career:
The employer specifies appropriate qualifications:
- Higher education in mountaineering, rock climbing, tourism, geography, or related fields is the prerequisite.
- More than seven years’ experience of managing mountaineering tourism operations
- Experience of drafting the regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of the activity-specific regulations followed in the world and their relevance to the African and Ugandan tourism sectors.
This is a good development for qualified adventure travel professionals.
Payment / Salary Situation
Since it is not a regular job, so salary is not quoted.
The advertiser seeks “price proposal” from the prospective consultants. They are advised to include the following costs in the proposal:
- Professional Fees
- Cost of Travel
- Cost of living in the place of work during contract period
- Communication cost
Number and Nature of Vacancies
It is a short term temporary contract.
Application Deadline and Process
Clearly mentioned in the advertisement.
The employer seeks electronic application.
The advertisement was published on the website of UNDP.