Senior Ecologist: Opportunity to Work and Live in Hindu Kush Himalayan Region

Are tourism qualifications necessary to work in adventure tourism and travel sector?

I do not think so.

There are many other professions wherein adventure travel is an integral part of the job. For example, the role of Senior Ecologist at Nepal office of the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) requires travel in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region.

The HKH region consists of eight countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan.

What do you need to serve as a Senior Ecologist?

You should have excellent knowledge of

  • mountain ecosystems
  • analytical approaches, methods, and tools used for studying the ecosystems
  • qualitative and quantitative methods for integrating ecological perspective into development, economic, and social research

Apply before August 15, 2015!

Comments are closed.



  • Advertisements