The new bus station in Keylong, Lahaul Spiti has all basic facilities. The old bus stand is defunct. The new bus station complex consists of seven platforms and a taxi stand.
Passenger amenities and services
- An advance ticket booking window
- The enquiry counter and the office are located on the first floor.
- A blue rotating display stand features bus schedule in Hindi and English.
- There are separate pay and use toilets for both genders.
- Free drinking water taps
- Himachal Road Transport Corporation (H.R.T.C.) operates a canteen at the first floor. The canteen serves all three meals. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes are on the menu. The menu is Indian, for example, coffee, tea, kari chawal, rajamh chawal, and meat chawal.
- A snack and tea shop at the ground floor serves boiled eggs, omelets, biscuits, and Indian savories such as bhujia and chips.
- Near taxi stand, two shops sell fruits and vegetables.
- A few dhabas at the periphery of the station serve local and Indian food.
- The station has several iron benches for the comfort of passengers awaiting buses.
- The station also has a few free sockets to charge mobile phones and camera batteries.
[Related story: Hike to Kardang Monastery from Kyelong]