One of our visitors want to know cost of flying from Dehradun to Gangotri.
The flights are costly and not regular.
You may be able to fly from Dehradun to Gangotri during pilgrimage season (May-October excluding July and August). However, charter helicopter services generally do not operate during off season due to lack of demand and weather related problems. For example, heavy snowfall may interrupt travel during winter.
4 Dehradun to Gangotri Helicopter Service Providers
1. Pawan Hans Ltd. offers charter helicopter service for Gangotri during season. You may contact the company for winter services. If a sizeable group approaches the company and weather permits, the company may also fly during winter.
2. Delhi-based Patliputra Air Charter Pvt. Ltd. organizes Gangotri Yatra by Helicopter for small groups. Each helicopter can accommodate up to five people.
3. Air Charter Service Jettech Aviation and FlyJettech fly on two routes:
- Dehradun-Gangotri (Harsil)-Dehradun
- Dehradun-Yamnotri-Gangotri-Dehradun routes
4. Prabhatam Aviation P. Ltd., located in Delhi, also organizes char dham yatra from Dehradun.
Cost of Dehradun to Gangotri Helicopter Service
The cost varies from company to company and depends on the route and the services covered.
During May-June 2014, Pawan charged INR 200,000 inclusive of taxes for a “Dehradun-Yamunotri-Aerial Darshan of Gangotri-Dehradun” helicopter charter trip.
Air Charter and FlyJettech offered Dehradun-Gangotri (Harsil)-Dehradun helicopter service for INR 250,000 for four travelers in 2014 season. The cost of Dehradun-Yamnotri-Gangotri-Dehradun service was INR 325,000 for four travelers.
Prabhatam’s char dham yatra from Dehradun costs INR 550,000 for four persons exclusive of service tax.