The Uttarakhand River Rafting / Kayaking Rule 6 (2014) discusses various provisions for non-commercial expeditions. Read on to know more.
What are non-commercial kayaking, rafting activities?
The non-commercial activities include (Rule 6-1)
How to apply for non-commercial permit
1. Fill in the application form included in the Annexure B of the Rules 2014. (Rule 6-1)
2. To fill the form you will need the following information and documents:
- Name of applicant and company, firm, or organization
- Full address of the applicant, including email, fax, landline, or mobile number
- Past experience of organizing similar events (if any)
Activity / Event Details
- Name of proposed activity or event
- River area / venue of the event
- Event duration
- Name of kayaking / rafting guide (senior and junior)
- Number of participants
- Rescue / safety arrangements
- Fee details
3. Submit the form to the office of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB). (Rule 6-1)
4. Submit the application one month in advance of the event. (Rule 6-1)
Even the commercial rafting / kayaking expeditions shall apply one month in advance for the permission. The CEO shall decide the fee depending on the number of kayaks, rafts, and participants. (Rule 6-4)
Who is exempt from kayaking or rafting permit?
The armed forces and government departments do not require permits for kayaking or rafting training and expeditions on rivers of Uttarakhand. (Rule 6-2)
However, they must inform the CEO about the activities one month in advance. (Rule 6-2)
Who can conduct the non-commercial kayaking, rafting expeditions and training?
Only river guides and senior guides who have approval of the Technical Committee shall conduct these activities. (Rule 6-3)